Press Release — Warren County Tourism Businesses Form Commission to Plan Economic Recovery
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Gina Mintzer, Executive Director, 518-229-3827, email@example.com
Amanda Metzger, Marketing Director, 518-668-5755, firstname.lastname@example.org
Warren County Tourism Businesses Form Commission to Plan Economic Recovery
The Warren County Lodging Association, local Chambers of Commerce and the Lake George Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau in conjunction with Warren County Tourism Department and government officials established a commission to develop specific guidelines and best practices for safely reopening Warren County.
The goal of the Commission is to ensure the opening of businesses in the Lake George area safely, responsibly and with the health and well-being of the entire community, guests, and team members at the forefront.
Credible hotel and business experts committed to the safe operations of the region have invested significant efforts to develop an outline of communication and operational actions designed to understand guest needs and concerns and to position the tourism businesses in the Lake George region to safely welcome guests back as soon as possible.
All plans are in accordance with local, state, and federal government guidelines as well as the CDC.
Efforts will continue as steps are finalized and communicated with respect to the following:
- Education/Communication: Ensuring that our businesses, team members and guests understand their role in the wake of this pandemic.
- Density Control: limiting capacity to 50% in early phases.
- Social Distancing and Screening: Strict compliance with local, state, and federal mandates
- PPE Equipment and Supplies: For both team members and guests alike (sourcing, etc.).
- Sanitation and Disinfecting: using industry “best practices” a detailed and very specific set of steps, guidelines and procedures was developed.
- Signage and Communication: For both team members and guests.
- Guest Insights: In conjunction with the Warren County Tourism Department a standardized survey was developed to identify expectations of travelers and their most important aspects for future visitation and incorporate them into the plan.
- Implementation: Safely “Open for the Season”.
The Commission will present plans to Warren County supervisors Economic Growth and Development Committee meeting on Monday at 10 a.m. Best practices and procurement documents will then be disseminated to lodging and restaurant operators as well as the business community at large.
Commission members include:
Tom Guay, The Sagamore
Dave Mentor, Country Inn & Suites, Wakita, Scotty’s, Nordics, Park Lane, Juliana
Laura Kohls, Courtyard by Marriott, Marine Village
Vinnie Crocitto III, Holiday Inn Resort
Frank Dittrich, Inn at Erlowest and Sun Castle Resort
Michael Bittel, Adirondack Regional Chamber of Commerce
Ed Bartholomew, Economic Development Corporation, Warren County
Gary Thornquist, Lake George RV Park
Becky Wood, Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark
Tyler Herrick, Spruce Hospitality
Gina Mintzer, Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce & CVB
Kathy Muncil & Sam Luciano, Fort William Henry Corporation
Author finds healing in Lake George after serious car accident
Lake George Area Prepares for Independence Day with Safe Reopening of Attractions, Hiring Push
3 Reasons To Work With The Lake George Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau
A New Normal For Wedding Venues
Jefferson Project Launches New Digital Dashboard with Real-Time Weather and Water Quality Data
Things To Do
Things to do
Virtual Zoom Backgrounds
Lake George Photos
CVB Sports COVID-19
things to do
Fall Foliage Update
Stories of Lake George
Lake George Stories
Hotels / Motels