Summer Fireworks Schedule Announced
Amanda May Metzger, Marketing Director
(518) 668-5755, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lake George Fireworks Schedule Announced
New Brand Activation Events Added
LAKE GEORGE, NY (July 1, 2019) — The Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce has secured sponsors to continue the weekly Thursday night fireworks show series in July and August of this year.
These fireworks are launched from a barge in the southern end of Lake George.
Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce & CVB Executive Director Gina Mintzer has been working on securing these sponsors for months after Mayor Robert Blais asked the Chamber to find sponsors. The Village of Lake George will no longer pay for the weekly fireworks shows due to increasing costs associated with the wastewater treatment plant, Blais has said.
Considering the amount of people the weekly fireworks shows draw to the area, the Chamber felt it necessary to lead the effort to find funding for the shows. Since they are on Thursdays, they have potential to bring people to the area a day early for a long weekend. The Chamber felt it was in the best interest of the businesses and residents as these shows have the potential to bring increased tourism dollars to the area, which offsets the local tax burden.
The July 4 fireworks show falls on a Thursday and is sponsored by the Village of Lake George. The Lake George Steamboat Company is sponsoring a fireworks show on Saturday, July 6.
The rest of the fireworks schedule for July and August is as follows:
July 11 — Taste NY Farmers’ Market at Shepard Park (Sponsored by Taste NY).
Taste NY Market Manager Jennifer Kraft, who was hired in September to lead the Taste NY Market at the Adirondacks Welcome Center, organized this event featuring 15 vendors. The Lake George Community Band will also perform at 8 p.m. before the fireworks.
Here are the details of that event:
Shepard Park,Lake George, NY
Thursday, July 11, 2019
5:00 to 9:30 pm (Fireworks after!)
The Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce invites you to experience a special sampling of locally produced food, beverages, and gift products from the new Taste NY Market at the Adirondacks Welcome Center. Local craft beer, wine, and spirits made right here in the region will also be available from Adirondack Craft Beverage Trail producers. Then at 9:30 p.m. make your way down to the lake (just steps away!) for a memorable fireworks display over beautiful Lake George.
Meet the producers at the market:
- Lavenlair Farm (Lavender Candles, Beauty Products, Honey, Jelly, Culinary Lavender, and Aromatherapy Products)
- Small Town Cultures (Fermented Foods and Sauer Salts)
- Samantha's Cafe & Catering (Housemade Bread, Summer Salads, and Mac & Cheese Made with NY Cheddar)
- Adirondack Beef Company (Grass Fed Beef - Snack Sticks & Jerky)
- Nettle Meadow (Artisan Cheese and Butter)
- Love is on Lake George (Engraved Keychains, Bottle Openers, and Other Adirondack Inspired Gifts)
- Bunker Hill Organic Creamery (Whole, Chocolate, and Maple Milk)
- Argyle Cheese Farmer (Cheese Curds and Cheesecake-in-a-Jar)
- Kru Coffee (Cold Brew Beverages)
- Adirondack Winery (Wine Tasting & Sales by the bottle)
- High Peaks Distilling (Whiskey and Bourbon Tasting & Sales by the bottle)
- Adirondack Brewery (Craft Beer Tasting & Sales by the bottle)
- Springbrook Hollow Farm Distillery (Vodka, Gin, Moonshine, Limoncello, Orangecello, and Bourbon Tasting & Sales by the bottle)
- Ledge Rock Hill Winery (Wine Tasting & Sales by the bottle)
- JUST Water (spring water and infused spring water)
Thank you to all of these great sponsors for our weekly fireworks shows!
- July 18 — Price Chopper
- July 25 — Adirondack Trust
- August 1 — Lake George Shoreline Cruises
- August 8 — Catseye Pest Control
- August 15 — Village of Lake George
- August 22 — King Neptune's
- August 29 — Fort William Henry
Here is a list of special Saturday fireworks shows as well:
- Special Saturday show on July 6 – Lake George Steamboat Company
- Special Saturday show on August 31 — Lake George Steamboat Company
- Special Saturday show on September 7 — Adirondack Nationals Car Show
The Chamber will be issuing additional updates related to brand activation of other sponsors in another upcoming announcement.
About the Chamber & CVB
The mission of Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce & CVB, Inc. is to be the leading driver of tourism to the Lake George region year-round while fostering a vibrant business community. Programs include the Adirondack Craft Beverage Trail and Lake George Women in Business. Founded in 1952, the LGRCC is a member-driven, not-for-profit 501 C (6) corporation. The Chamber, celebrating its 67th year, comprises more than 425 members in various sectors of the business community. With a regional mindset, membership spans six counties in New York. The chamber staffs the Visitor Center on the corner of Beach Road and Canada Street in the village of Lake George and the Taste NY program at the Adirondacks Welcome Center located on the Northway between Exits 17 and 18. For updates, connect with the Chamber on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/VisitLakeGeorge/ Twitter @VisitLakeGeorge and Instagram @lakegeorgechamber.
About the Lake George Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Lake George Regional CVB is a division of the Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce. Its funding is supplied through occupancy tax dollars with the goal of realizing a return on that promotional money in the form of weather-proof business including meetings, conventions, sports tournaments and other events that bring tourism dollars to the area year round.
The Queensbury Hotel Celebrates Grand Opening of Adirondack Ballroom Expansion project.
Nearby Faraway, New Georgia O'Keeffe, Alfred Stieglitz Musical Debuts
Where to find medical care and supplies on vacation
Paradox Brewery is brewing refreshment this summer!
National Ice Cream Month Lake George Region
Things To Do
Things to do
Virtual Zoom Backgrounds
Lake George Photos
CVB Sports COVID-19
things to do
Fall Foliage Update
Lake George Stories