Lake George Music Festival Drive-In Concerts
Festival Commons at Charles R. Wood Park : 17-18 Westbrook Rd., Lake George, NY 12845
The Lake George Music Festival will present a two-day series of Drive-In Concerts this September in Lake George!
This event, featuring live music, will take place September 19-20, 2020 at Festival Commons in Charles R. Wood Park, located on Westbrook Road. Concerts will begin at 7:30 p.m.
This two-day event is rain or shine and will feature world-class classical musicians from major orchestras and our nation’s conservatories.
The Lake George Music Festival is one of the only performing arts groups on the east coast to be presenting a "Drive-In" series.
Live music is a tradition in Lake George. This event will allow people to enjoy the amazing talents of world-renowne musicians live while still maintaining a physical distance of at least six feet.
Tickets are now on sale!
Passes are $25 per vehicle per day. Weekend passes are also available for $50 per vehicle.
Presenting accomplished world soloists, graduates of prestigious schools such as Juilliard, Curtis, Yale, Rice University, Carnegie Mellon, and members of major orchestras such as the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Malaysian Philharmonic, and the Buffalo Philharmonic.
Program to feature Beethoven Quintet for Piano and Winds, Schubert "Trout" Quintet, Rubinstein Octet Op.9, and more.
Performances will be visually enhanced with large screen video. Audiences will have the option of listening to the amplified performance, or tuning into our high quality and synced audio feed (FM radio) to play through their car’s sound system.
We will begin parking cars at 6pm. Cars will be parked every other car and in single rows to comply with physical distancing recommendations. We encourage guests to arrive with members of your household. Early entry will not be permitted.
We encourage guests to watch the performance from their car/truck, or you may bring a chair to place within arm’s length of your vehicle.
We will sell “passes” for each concert sold at $25 per vehicle. Vehicles may contain the legal limit of individuals. Passes will be sold online in advance (recommended) or at the gate. Concert programs will be distributed digitally on the large screen or available to view on your Smartphone or Tablet.
The entire process will be “touchless.” Those who order their passes online will have no contact with festival staff or musicians. We will simply check you in and direct you where to park. Cars will be directed to vacate the premises immediately after curtain and will not be allowed linger.
We encourage attendees to use the restroom prior to arrival, however we will have sanitized restrooms on site.
COVID-19 EVENT REMINDERS
- This event is open to the general public who can comply with current visitation and quarantine rules published by the State of New York. Click here for more information.
- At this time, we are open for guests who are not experiencing any signs of illness, have not been in close contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 and fit the eligibility requirements laid out by the state of New York.
- Stay home if you are displaying signs of respiratory illness or have a fever.
- Comply with physical distance guidelines and remaining at least 6 ft. apart from others unless they are from the same household.
- Follow our mandatory guideline to wear a cloth face covering when indoors and our recommendation to wear it outdoors while in the presence of others.