Arrival to Departure Tourism Training in Warren County, NY
The Lake George Visitor Journey - Arrival to Departure (A2D) Tourism Training Initiative is up and running in full swing!
The Lake George Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau is thrilled to bring this tourism training to the area. We've heard many participants say they wish they had this training for interacting with visitors before they started working in tourism. It's perfect for front-line employees, particularly those who have little-to-no experience, as well as longtime workers in the tourism industry. We recommend this tourism training for a variety of fields: retail, lodging, dining, attractions and services — just to name a few. This tourism training is useful for any position, in any profession that comes in contact with visitors to the region. We feel this is essential training that can be seamlessly worked into your orientation process.
About the Course
The tourism training course takes place in two parts.
1. 90-minute online course that can be done at the participants leisure
2. 60-75 minute "live" class held on Zoom for the time being. Once the hiring season starts, we will be available to hold dedicated classes exclusively for your team as part of your orientation process.
Topics covered include:
- Why tourism is important to this area
- What visitors want and where to go to find it.
- How to get them where they want to go.
- How to find out what interests them.
- How to give them more than they expect.
- How to engage them every chance you get.
- How we ALL make a difference.
Classes are scheduled every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 2PM via Zoom.
If you would like to jump right in or preview the course, go to http://lakegeorge.
We're working on benefits for those that are A2D certified in the form of mixers and discounts at local attractions, restaurants etc. Check back soon for an update!
We look forward to working with you and your team, to make this the best year yet!
LGRCVB Tourism Training Manager
Lake George Regional Convention & Visitors Bureau
PO Box 272, Lake George, NY 12845