Adirondack Region Food and Farms Business Expo
Date and Time
Thursday, December 12, 2019
10 a.m. — 2 p.m.
Northwest Bay Conference Center at Adirondack Hall
640 Bay Road, Queensbury, NY 12804
Click here for directions.
Free for Buyers
$25 Table Charge for Vendors
Taste NY at the Adirondacks Welcome Center
Proudly operated by the Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce
This business-to-business event is intended to help farmers and agricultural producers grow their business and encourage hotels, restaurants, bars, retail locations, and institutions to purchase local products.
The event, which is organized and sponsored by the Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Washington County, and Taste NY, will give vendors the opportunity to showcase, market, and sell their products onsite while allowing buyers to sample and purchase high-quality goods that are grown and made in New York. The Expo is open to buyers, retailers, restaurants, markets, schools, institutions, and distributors as well as farmers, food and beverage producers, brewers, cider- and wine-makers, and distillers.
In addition to the Expo, the event will include two free marketing workshops presented by CCE staff to help local businesses and vendors expand their reach in the marketplace. Pre-registration for these workshops is recommended, but not required. Walk-ins are welcome.
1. Scaling up for wholesale —9 a.m. (45 mintutes)
Join Laura Biasillo, Agricultural Economic Development Specialist with CCE Broome County, as she discusses tactics to successfully participate in wholesale. We’ll discuss building (and maintaining) relationships with buyers, the sales pitch and putting together a wholesale/sell sheet, and various back office functions. Attendees will learn the mechanics of identifying potential buyers and the pieces of a “catchy” elevator pitch, the important pieces of a wholesale/sell sheet, and more. Attendees will also leave with handouts so they can implement these tactics on their farm, or at their food business.
2. How to maximize your presence on social media— 10 a.m. (45 minutes)
Join Jessica Ziehm, Agricultural Marketing Educator with CCE Washington County for this workshop. Studies show 93% of buying decisions are influenced by social media. Whether you’re a small business that sells direct to the consumer or a farm that produces a commodity product, we all could make better use of social media in reaching our goals. This interactive session will arm participants with insight, tips and resources to improve their return on investment on social media and give them the opportunity to hear from like-minded business owners on their secrets to success.
ARE YOU A VENDOR?
- $25 Booth Includes two, 5-foot tables, tablecloth and two chairs
- $10 for electricity (Vendors should provide their own lead cord.)
- $20 box lunch available with pre-order
- Meet buyers and increase your visibility and sales with regional businesses such as restaurants, bars, markets, schools, institutions, distributors and more
- Sample and sell your product on site
- Learn tips during two marketing workshops
ARE YOU A BUYER?
- FREE ADMISSION
- Meet your regional farmers, food & beverage producers, brewers, cider-and wine-makers, distillers and more
- Sample new and exciting high quality products all made within your region
- Increase your local procurement and let your customers know you support buying locally
- Register as a buyer below.