Job Opening at Lake George Village Information Center
It's great work if you can get it!
We're looking for qualified candidates to apply to work at the Lake George Village Information Center this summer.
That's right. You could get paid to talk about this beautiful, unique region in the southern Adirondacks.
We expect to open the Information Center on Father's Day Weekend (June 20—21, 2020) with stringent protocals in place with the goal of keeping our employees and guests safe and healthy.
This position will be located at the Information Center on the corner of Beach Road and Canada Street near the public restrooms.
Read on for the job description below!
The Village of Lake George Information Center – Customer Service Representative offers information to the visitors who come to the Center. Information on display includes local area shopping, attractions, outdoor recreation, lodging, maps and more and represents the Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce. The Representative is familiar with local businesses. The Village Information Center is funded by the County, the Village and the LGRCC member brochure advertising program.
The Customer Service Representative will interact with the customers/visitors and engage them to talk about their travels. Primary responsibilities include assisting with information the visiting public may need. Assist with clerical/administrative routine duties, including but not limited to opening and closing duties, brochure inventory, light cleaning, and customer assistance. Communication of any issues with supervisor, documentation of any issues.
This position will serve as the Village Information Center Customer Service Representative (CSR) and will work under the direction and supervision of the Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce Office Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Ability to work with the public.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use a computer for searching information.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- One (1) year retail sales experience.
- Experience working in customer service and retail environments.
- Understanding of basic marketing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with internet-based communications.
- Knowledge of the organization, operation, philosophy, and objectives of Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce, Warren County Tourism, Visit Adirondacks Regional Tourism, Village of Lake George.
- Knowledge of regional tourism offerings a plus
Health and Safety - Applies to all duties and functions
- Support the LGRCC-CVB to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, organizational health, and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applies to all duties and functions
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, and the public.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established organizational policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Submit resume to:
Christine Molella, Office Manager, LGRCC
2176 Route 9; POB 272, Lake George, NY 12845, 518-668-5755, firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1952, the LGRCC is a member-driven, not-for-profit 501 C (6) corporation. The Chamber is comprised of more than 400 members in various sectors of the business community. With a regional mindset, membership spans six counties in New York State. The Chamber staffs the Village of Lake George Visitor Center and Adirondacks Welcome Center on the Northway (I-87 Northbound) between Exits 17 and 18. In 2019, more than 150,000+ visitors stopped in those two centers seeking information about the area.
32nd Annual North Country Festival of Trees Returns!
ADIRONDACK WINERY SETS $20,000 FUNDRAISING GOAL FOR 11TH ANNUAL DRINK PINK FUNDRAISER
Lake George Oktoberfest Kicks Off Today!
Mixer held at Sans Souci in Cleverdale
Big Brothers Big Sisters Named Agency of the Year
Meet the Team
Things To Do
Things to do
Virtual Zoom Backgrounds
Lake George Photos
CVB Sports COVID-19
things to do
Fall Foliage Update
Lake George Stories