New Bike Share Program Unveiled
Posted: 5/26/2021 - 3-minute read
The CDPHP Cycle! bike share program is now available in Warren County offering another option for transportation and recreation to people who don’t have their own bike — whether employees looking to get to work, students, residents or visitors.
The CDPHP Cycle! bike hubs are now set up at locations in Glens Falls, Queensbury and Lake George.
Hub locations include:
- 14 Hudson Ave. Glens Falls
- 42 Ridge St., Glens Falls
- 23 Country Club Road, Queensbury
- 58 Beach Road, Lake George
You can also rent a bike at Beach Road Bait & Tackle, located at 2239 State Route 9 in Lake George. They offer hourly, daily and weekly rentals. If you’re traveling with a large group, you can even reserve your bikes from Beach Road Bait & Tackle. Beach Road Bait & Tackle is a great resource for many outdoors activities. You can get Lake George Park Commission Boat Registrations, NYS fishing and hunting licenses, the latest fishing report, beach gear and much more.
This CDPHP Cycle! program is in its 5th year and “allows people to explore the Capital Region on two wheels,” according to its website, cdphpcycle.com. Users can register on their website or download their mobile app.
“This is just another shining example of how our community is so collaborative. It is the private and public sector that came together to make this happen. This program will benefit our work force and businesses. Transportation continues to be one of the biggest barriers to employment. In many of the places south of us people ride these bikes to work and we want people to do that in Warren County as well,” said Liza Ochsendorf, Director of the Warren County Employment & Training Administration.
Here’s how it works:
- Register — Choose your plan and sign up for a CDPHP Cycle! membership through the website or mobile app.
- Release — Enter your designated 6-digit account number and 4-digit PIN into the keyboard on the back of the bike to unlock it.
- Ride — Place the U-lock in the holster before you ride off. To make a quick stop, press the “hold” button and lock the bike to a bike rack.
- Return — To end a ride, lock the bike to any CDPHP Cycle! station or any fixed. Public object that doesn’t block a public right of way.
They also have a Capital NY Bike Map to help you plan your trip.
CDPHP Cycle! is a program offered through Capital District Transportation Authority in partnership with CDPHP.
This state-of-the-art bike-share program provides residents and visitors with an alternative form of transportation that supports healthy, active lifestyles while also offering a fun and easy way to explore our communities.
Tips for Riding
- Take the time to do a pre-ride bike check. Make sure the tire pressure is good. Try the grip bell. If you’re riding at night, check the front and rear lights.
- Wear a helmet!
- Know the rules of the road. Ride in the direction of traffic and be sure to stop at all red lights and stop signs just like any other red lights and stop signs.
- Use the grip bell to signal to other you’re near.
- Do not wear more than one earbud while riding so that you can stay alert
- Use hand signals to let drivers and other cyclists know whether you plan to turn or stop.
- Ride at a steady pace so others can anticipate your movements.
Things To Do
Things to do
Virtual Zoom Backgrounds
Lake George Photos
CVB Sports COVID-19
things to do
Fall Foliage Update
Stories of Lake George
Lake George Stories
Hotels / Motels