Several public beaches are open
UPDATE: Million Dollar Beach reopened Monday, August 29, 2016.
Though the state-operated Million Dollar Beach and the Dog Beach on Beach Road are closed pending further water testing, several Lake George beaches are open.
- The village-operated Shepard Park Beach on Canada Street is great spot along the lakefront walkway. It's in the heart of the village near restaurants and shops. Restrooms and changing rooms are on site. There's almost always something going on in Shepard Park whether it's a craft fair or a concert in the amphitheater. Check out our events page for more on what's going on in Lake George.
- The town of Lake George operates Usher Park Beach on Route 9L on the East side of the lake. This beach also has a playground area and free book station placed by the The Benjamin D. Osborn Memorial Fund. Also on site are two pavilions (a large one for groups of 40-150, and a small one for groups under 40) with electrical outlets available, picnic tables, a tennis court, basketball court and beach. If you'd like information on reserving the pavilions, click here.
- Bolton Landing, about 10 miles north of Lake George village, also operates two public beaches: Rogers Memorial Park Beach and Veteran's Memorial Park Beach. Here is more information on the beaches in Bolton.
- The town of Hague also operates a public beach on the northern end of the Lake at 9060 Lake Shore Drive in Hague.
- And of course, many of our lodging members have their own private beaches. You can search for waterfront lodging here.
32nd Annual North Country Festival of Trees Returns!
ADIRONDACK WINERY SETS $20,000 FUNDRAISING GOAL FOR 11TH ANNUAL DRINK PINK FUNDRAISER
Lake George Oktoberfest Kicks Off Today!
Mixer held at Sans Souci in Cleverdale
Big Brothers Big Sisters Named Agency of the Year
Meet the Team
Things To Do
Things to do
Virtual Zoom Backgrounds
Lake George Photos
CVB Sports COVID-19
things to do
Fall Foliage Update
Lake George Stories