Six Flags Great Escape Opens for the Season with Improvements Focused on Guest Experience
Posted: 5/20/2022 - 3-Minute Read
LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. — May 19, 2022 — Six Flags Great Escape, the thrill capital of upstate New York, opens for the season this weekend, with park improvements and renovations to deliver a world-class guest experience. Six Flags’ investment will feature beautification and modernization efforts throughout the historic theme park. Details include more mobile food ordering locations and streamlined operations in rides, food service, and the Main Gate entry process.
“For the 2022 season we are focusing on improving our guests’ experience through innovation, park enhancements, and renovation,” said Park President, Rebecca Wood. “We’ve listened to our guests' feedback and have used it to focus on improvements that will truly make an impact, all while preserving the history of this property that makes it so special.”
Six Flags Great Escape 2022 enhancements include:
- All-New Entry Experience The front entrance to the theme park received the first phase in a complete overhaul this year, with a more streamlined entry process. The new entrance features wide open spaces to reduce the feeling of crowding, beautiful landscaping, and a statement natural water feature, which is the perfect place to snap a selfie to commemorate a day spent enjoying the park.
- Additional Seating Visitors will enjoy multiple new seating locations throughout the property to rest and relax while taking a break from the rides.
- Increased Water Ride Availability Visitors who enjoy splashing around in Hurricane Harbor will have more options available throughout the summer, with water slides being reintroduced to the area.
- Mobile Food Ordering The park will offer mobile food ordering at a variety of locations throughout the park via the Six Flags mobile app. Guests can avoid lines and enjoy their favorite theme park food by experiencing a more convenient and efficient way to get their meal.
- New Dining Options Menus at food locations across the park have been updated, with a focus on offering a variety of choices for everyone, including all-new signature burgers and salads.
- Draft Beer Menu Updates The lineup of draft beers being offered at the park has been updated to highlight local favorites, including selections from Druthers, Common Roots, and Northway Brewing Company.
- Guest Relations Center Guests will be able to experience enhanced customer service with a new guest relations and hospitality center, located in the heart of the park. This new location will provide immediate assistance including park information, directions, pass holder and guest assistance, and other park-related needs.
Opening weekend at Six Flags Great Escape is a sure sign that summer fun has officially returned, and this year’s season is packed with thrills for the entire family. The theme park will be open weekends and select dates beginning May 21, with daily operation beginning June 24.
The resort is currently hiring for a variety of positions across departments. A variety of diverse departments and positions offer exciting opportunities with flexible hours and great perks, and many jobs start at $15 per hour. Interested applicants can learn more and apply at www.sixflagsjobs.com.
New in 2022, Six Flags announces a three-tiered Pass Program focused on maximizing the value and experience for guests. The Thrill Seeker Pass is perfect for frequent home park visitation. The Extreme Pass is ideal for live-on-the-edge thrills all year, without blockout dates. The Ultimate Pass provides the best value for everything offered; it includes all of the advantages of an Extreme Pass, plus more. Additionally, with the purchase of an Extreme or Ultimate Pass, two Junior Passes will be given for each one of the passes purchased. The Junior Pass is for guests under 42”. For more information on these best offers, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of water parks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 60 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Great Escape Resort
Six Flags Great Escape Resort is the quintessential location to play, stay and get-away. This unique family vacation features a 200-suite kid-friendly lodge with an indoor water park, and a theme park that offers thrills for all ages. With rides, shows and attractions, and an outdoor water park, Six Flags Great Escape features classic coasters like The Comet, family-friendly kids’ areas and hours of fun for everyone.
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/SF_GreatEscape
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/
Follow us on Instagram at instagram.com/
32nd Annual North Country Festival of Trees Returns!
ADIRONDACK WINERY SETS $20,000 FUNDRAISING GOAL FOR 11TH ANNUAL DRINK PINK FUNDRAISER
Lake George Oktoberfest Kicks Off Today!
Mixer held at Sans Souci in Cleverdale
Big Brothers Big Sisters Named Agency of the Year
Meet the Team
Things To Do
Things to do
Virtual Zoom Backgrounds
Lake George Photos
CVB Sports COVID-19
things to do
Fall Foliage Update
Lake George Stories