Festival Commons at Charles R Wood Park
Located at the southern end of Lake George within walking distance of the village, Festival Commons at Charles R. Wood Park is a new outdoor venue in Lake George that offers a prime festival space. The 2.5-acre space is located on the corner of West Brook Road and Canada Street. It’s perfect for concerts, farmer’s market-style festivals, car shows and more.
Permitting Requirements and Processes
Event Manager & vendors are responsible for all permitting and associated fees, to ensure full compliance to use Charles R. Wood Festival Space, and must comply with all permit conditions.
Insurance Requirements & Permits Required for On Premises
- Event manager is responsible for securing insurance for the entire event and is responsible for ensuring that all vendors, subcontractors, agents, performer and contractors provide proof of the pre-requisite insurance as well.
- The limits of liability for use of the property for permitted activities shall not be less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate combined single limits for all damages arising out of bodily injury, including death/property damage.
- Warren County and the Village of Lake George will each be named as additional insured, on a primary basis. The following verbiage will be used on the certificate of insurance: Warren County and the Village of Lake George, their Boards, Officers and Employees are named as additional insureds on a primary, noncontributing basis.
- All insurance companies must be licensed or admitted carriers in New York State.
- Vendors must provide liability insurance proof to the Event Manager & it must be kept on file. Vendors must also list Warren County and the Village of Lake George as additional insured.
- Please refer to Application/Use Permit to Use Charles R. Wood Park Festival Space, Section 1 for insurance requirements.
Permits Required to Serve Liquor/beer/wine on Premises:
- Event manager must receive permission from Village of Lake George to sell/serve liquor on Charles R. Wood Festival Space grounds.
- https://www.sla.ny.gov/online-permit-applications – Must apply for a SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT (application is in the link above)
- Event manager must provide a copy of current liquor license and insurance certificate of insurance, specifically including coverage for liquor law liability in an amount of not less than five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000), as well as a copy of the State Liquor Authority Permit.
- Vendors subcontracted by the event manager, must provide proof of NYS liquor license and liability insurance, in the amount listed above.
Permit to Serve Food on Premises
- Event manager is responsible for ensuring vendors obtain permit from Department of Health to prepare/serve food at the event.
Permit to use West Brook Parking Lot
- The adjacent parking lot is available through a separate permit & fee. Please contact Jeff Tennyson at 518-668-4141 email@example.com for more information.
Event Manager is responsible for ensuring that ALL PERMITS are provided and should be kept on file.