Thurman Maple Days
10 am - 4 pm
UPDATE 3/13/20 — From Thurman Community Association:
As the COVID-19 story unfolds, many of our host farms have made a difficult decision to cancel the event at their respective sites.
Remaining fully open are Mud St. Maple, Valley Road Maple, Peru Llama, Blackberry Hill (limited). Most other hosts will be working at their sites and will be available if a shopper stops by.
We have been told that The Maple Jack Wax Party WILL be held at town hall March 14, from 3-8 p.m. Live music, raffles and a great buffet dinner.
- Mud St. Maple-Fully Open
- Valley Rd Maple – Fully Open
- Peru Llama – Fully Open
- Nettle Meadow – Cheese sales only, under cover outside
- Blackberry Hill Farm – Farm Stand open, no tours, no tastings
- Toad Hill Maple – Closed but on site if a visitor stops
- Hidden Hollow Maple – Closed, but on site
- Martin’s Lumber – Closed
Three glorious weekends offer you a chance to celebrate the start of spring and the end of cabin fever just 15 minutes from Lake George! Read on to find out more about this event and how you could even win a prize using this year's passport to the participating businesses.
The event features 4 maple farms, including three of the largest producers in Warren County (Hidden Hollow, Valley Road, Toad Hill) and a new one, Mud St. Maple, making a name for itself with their passion, hard work and innovative products. Several neighboring farms with varying products complete the picture, making this a must-do event, in Thurman, where nature is a way of life, and sugaring is second nature. Watch sap being gathered and boiled and see how Martin’s Lumber and Certified Tree Farm makes maximum use of the wood from its trees, and spend time at the Artisan Market they host there. Visit Nettle Meadow, a farm and goat/sheep cheese dairy that produces internationally-awarded cheese. Stop in at Blackberry Hill Farm, producer of all-natural and/or organic products and take a cooler to transport some home. Visit Peru Llama Farm for a llesson in llama llanguage — a whole day of fun activities, demonstrations, wagon rides, sampling and shopping for delectable goodies, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day.
Like pancakes? Pancake breakfast or brunch at Valley Road Maple Farm is available each day, beginning at 9 a.m. and running until 1 p.m., so you won’t have to miss a minute of tour time. Valley Road offers both regular and gluten-free New Hope Mills pancakes, along with Oscar’s sausage and beverages. Open 9 – 1 for pancakes, with shop open until 4.
Traditional Maple Jack Wax Party
On the Saturday, March 14, plan to stay for supper! Attend the 60th Maple Jack Wax Party, a sumptuous feast, with hourly gift basket raffles and ongoing live music, held at town hall, with all proceeds donated to the American Cancer Society. Serving begins at 3 and continues until all are served.
THREE WAYS TO WIN A PRIZE!
1. Passport Drawing for 1 of 2 Gift Baskets. Free.
Drawing will be March 29. Two winners will be contacted to arrange pick up or shipping. Download the map and passport here.
2. Hashtag Contest on Instagram: #ThurmanMapleDays. Win a basket of Thurman maple goods for posting (as directed) your Maple Days photos on instagram (see rules at bottom of this page or at farms or here.
3. TSA Fundraiser Raffle — Only 500 tickets sold at $10 to win one prize worth up to $675, or $500 cash. Drawing August 31. Winners will be contacted. Compete information at the bottom of this page.